Business Development Manager
Catalina Software’s Freedom® logistics software powers the UK’s leading executive car, chauffeur and courier companies.
Catalina is a UK based solutions provider that puts today’s most pressing logistics challenges at the heart of its brand. We turn the best logistics technology into trusted solutions for our customers, and after 24 years, our small and organically grown business, needs someone to help us tell the stories that matter most to our customers.
We are truly the market leader in our field. Our success is down to understanding our customers’ business so we can deliver business and process efficiencies. We consistently receive positive feedback from our customers in relation to our solution, project management and service. A recent comment from a customer was:
“The beauty of working with Catalina was that they had done something similar before, so their system was tried and tested. If we’d taken a different path there would have been question marks about whether it would work on day one. I didn’t have any of those concerns.
The process flow for the system came together easily and swiftly, with a lot of knowledge and options from Catalina’s side feeding into the project. Working together in this way was critical, enabling us to address specific pain points and effectively build the new business from the ground up, which has really enhanced how it operates.”
This role is for a Business Development Manager that will build on our success. YOu will talk passionately about our solution and unique approach. You will be responsible for developing new opportunities in existing and new verticals with pace, and to quickly build a solid sales pipeline. You will be responsible for leading the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing and achieving/exceeding the sales targets.
This person will be driven and commercially astute and would suit a resourceful and proactive person who is able to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment, as well as produce accurate proposals and innovative commercial agreements. The capability to develop excellent relationships and generate sales pipeline activity is essential as well as strong contract management and negotiation skills. Experience of technical sales to corporates and medium to large businesses is vital. Knowledge of the software industry would be desirable. This role will be target driven, and the successful candidate will be motivated and supported to achieve them!
- Understand our unique approach and act as a brand ambassador
- Take ownership of entire sales process and reporting via our CRM system
- Meet or exceed assigned sales targets
- Meet with prospects (either individually or leading a team) to identify and qualify their needs including understanding decision makers, delivery timeframe, budget status, challenge and pain points, and competition status
- Successfully demonstrate the value of our solution by preparing value propositions and lead customer presentations and demos
- Coordinate responses to proposals and quotes
- Keep fully appraised of developments and innovations within the market and contribute to the evolution of the product roadmap through identification of customer requirements
- Establish a thorough working knowledge of the product suite
- Attend industry networking events and represent the business at conferences and events
- At least 3 years sales management experience
- Proactive and motivated self-starter
- Technical/IT/software background
- Ability to travel and work from home
As the world begins to find a new normal, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team. We have the products and capability ready to accommodate the new challenges and possibilities ahead. So, join us and help us to explore the opportunities!
We offer a company pension, generous holidays and a flexible approach.
Salary: £45 – £60K OTE
Candidates must be based in the UK.
Strictly no agencies or canvassers please.
We are always interested to hear from talented developers, so if you are looking for a new opportunity, get in touch to see if we have any requirements!
Here at Catalina Software we are lalways interested to hear from enthusiastic technically minded individuals, just like us! Don’t worry if you don’t possess knowledge of different language syntax – that’s one of the things we can teach you. The most important thing for us is your commitment to learning and working collaboratively as part of a team.
Here at Catalina you are likely to work on a variety of products which could be desktop applications, websites or mobile apps. Of course, every developer has their area of expertise and here at Catalina we encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing to help our team upskill and learn new things.
If you have the following skills, then we’d like to hear from you:
- Excellent problem-solving skills that you are able to adapt to any situation
- A drive to own and manage your work to completion
- Ability to manage deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- A good understanding of development principles
- Good team player
It would be a bonus (but not essential) to have knowledge in:
- AWS infrastructures
- Docker or similar container technology
We understand that you value your work/life balance and we have a bunch of great things to help you achieve this including the remote working, consideration to part-time hours and a generous holiday allowance. We also love social events where we can all get together outside of work, when it is safe to do so of course!
If you like the sound of us, then please do get in touch!